About Me
Dana Glover
North Carolina

A 30-something married full-time mother of 2, part-time stepmom of 3; trying to find treasures I've lost along the way.

My complete profile

Links
a girl and a boy
Confessions of a City Gal
Debaucherous and Dishevelled
all & sundry
Not So Simple
Private Thoughts of Boogie's Mom
Broken Biscuits
Notes from the Trenches
Motherhood is Not for Wimps
being emily
Princesses, Dogs, and Chaos
The Food Whore

Photos
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dwglover6. Make your own badge here.

Previous Posts
The Silence is Broken
Real World
Battle of the Bad Moods
Finders Keepers
Normal
Yeah, Right!!
Gone Strawberry Pickin'
P.S.
Parenting Dilemma
Crunch Time

Archives
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
January 2008

Credits
Blog Design By:


Powered By:

Tuesday, May 30, 2006
Sugar and Spice??
Well, we've made the announcement to our family, friends and co-workers. Fortunately we did not receive any snide comments ... which I wouldn't have responded politely to at this point in time anyway. Not surprisingly though, I have received numerous requests for a baby girl. As if I had any say in the matter. Ed keeps telling folks that he wants a girl because he thinks I really want a girl ... and I'm not completely sure where he received this notion. Quite honestly, I've enjoyed all aspects of having sons, even their exhausting physical energy. I know all the Power Ranger "teams"; can put together a Bionicle in 3 minutes flat (well, that's a bit of a winky-dink); absolutely love ALL remote control vehicles; have no fear of bugs, frogs, worms, spiders or lizards; and I can put a stop to a temper tantrum with my "evil" eye. The "rough and tough" play has its limits with me but I admire their tenacity and stamina. I just don't know how I would adjust to a little girl. I've been warned by mothers of little girls about the "attitudes", the sassiness, the prissiness, the pouts, the whines, the nonstop talking. I've had my own limited experience with my 6 year old stepdaughter. And while I do daydream about brushing and braiding long hair, shopping hours upon hours for adorable clothes and having "girls' day out", I just feel so unprepared and inadequate when it occurs to me that having my own little girl is a very real possibility. And I must admit it makes me a bit fearful to know that I could easily be replaced at my husband's side by "Daddy's Little Girl".


Dana
posted at 11:53 AM
4 comments



4 Comments:
At Tue May 30, 12:34:00 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Never fear, we, the wives, cannot be replaced by "Daddy's Little Girl". Yes, there is a beautiful bond there, one that makes you fall even MORE in love with your husband; but there is nothing that can replace US in their lives. Regardless, you will be given exactly what is intended, boy or girl. I can't wait to find out with you!

 
At Wed Jun 07, 10:25:00 AM, Blogger W2W said...

Well put jenng!

 
At Mon Jun 12, 09:46:00 AM, Blogger W2W said...

I know you must be busy with everything but I had not seen a new post & wanted to let you know that I hope all is well.

 
At Mon Jun 12, 07:04:00 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Hear, hear. We haven't heard about you in the blogosphere. I hope all is well. Please write when you get a chance.

By the way, I LOVE the new design. It's be-yoo-ti-ful! =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home