About Me
Dana Glover
North Carolina

A 30-something married full-time mother of 2, part-time stepmom of 3; trying to find treasures I've lost along the way.

My complete profile

Links
a girl and a boy
Confessions of a City Gal
Debaucherous and Dishevelled
all & sundry
Not So Simple
Private Thoughts of Boogie's Mom
Broken Biscuits
Notes from the Trenches
Motherhood is Not for Wimps
being emily
Princesses, Dogs, and Chaos
The Food Whore

Photos
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dwglover6. Make your own badge here.

Previous Posts
Normal
Yeah, Right!!
Gone Strawberry Pickin'
P.S.
Parenting Dilemma
Crunch Time
Dragons + Stomach Bugs + Cigarettes = Life
Self-Discovery
Questions from a 5-year Old .... Help Me, Please
A Hair to Pick

Archives
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
January 2008

Credits
Blog Design By:


Powered By:

Tuesday, May 09, 2006
Finders Keepers
The boys were down at my parents' house this evening so Ed and I could grab a bite to eat. However, we couldn't find my keys. We looked and looked until we decided just to grab the spare car key and leave the house unlocked. When we returned home we searched the house again before I finally gave up and called my Mom.

Me: Hey Mom. Could you please ask my son if he has seen my car keys?
Mom: CJ, have you seen your mommy's keys?
CJ: shook his head no
Mom: Are you sure you didn't see your mommy's keys?
CJ: (eyes wide) No. I not seen them.
Me: Okay. I just know how he likes to "find" things and then hide them. But I'll keep looking.

Less than two minutes later the phone rings.

Me: Hello?
CJ: Hey Mommy. I sneaked into the kitchen and I got your keys. I went to the living room and crawled behind the couch. I played with the blue light behind the couch and then your keys got gone. That all I know.
(while he's talking I'm retracing his steps)
Me: Good Job, Bud. I just found them. Thank you for remembering where you put my keys.
Mom: Did you find them?
Me: Yes, right where he said. How did he remember?
Mom: I told him that if mommy couldn't find her keys then he wouldn't be able to ride to his favorite store (Target) anymore.


Dana
posted at 7:16 PM
1 comments



1 Comments:
At Tue May 16, 10:40:00 AM, Blogger W2W said...

That is a kid after my own heart - he loves Target!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home