About Me
Dana Glover
North Carolina

A 30-something married full-time mother of 2, part-time stepmom of 3; trying to find treasures I've lost along the way.

My complete profile

Links
a girl and a boy
Confessions of a City Gal
Debaucherous and Dishevelled
all & sundry
Not So Simple
Private Thoughts of Boogie's Mom
Broken Biscuits
Notes from the Trenches
Motherhood is Not for Wimps
being emily
Princesses, Dogs, and Chaos
The Food Whore

Photos
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dwglover6. Make your own badge here.

Previous Posts
This 'n' That
Jinxed No More
Time Out
Neighbors
Too Funny
Finally, Dawson's Creek Spin-off: Part II, Conclusion
Sadly, Dawson's Creek Spin-Off: Part I
Maternal Pondering
The Good Life
Spring is Here

Archives
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
January 2008

Credits
Blog Design By:


Powered By:

Friday, March 31, 2006
A Hair to Pick


Oh no, that can't be MY head!!!
Please Mommy, DO SOMETHING NOW!
Yes, folks. This is the hair nightmare I deal with every morning. It takes a lot of detangler and mousse to make this head manageable. Of course, my solution would be to cut the curls, but alas, I'm in the minority around here. For some reason, my husband and parents believe Hunterman's innocence will be lost forever when we shed his curls. They just don't understand!!!
I attempted to take a picture of CJ's new haircut to give you a before and after on that hellish head, but every shot I took of CJ, he posed like a supermodel on drugs. Until I can sneak a candid shot, you will just have to take my word that Momma is LOVIN' his hair these days! It actually allows me more time to work on Hunterman's head now before we scurry out of the house each day.
By the way, if my post sounds wickedly insane today, please forgive me. I'm on a new medication and for some reason the boys conspired to make sure I didn't sleep much last night. CJ had one of his now rare nightmares and although it only took five minutes to calm him (at 3 am), I was unable to get back to sleep for quite some time. It seems my Mommy radar went on high alert after the 3 am disturbance. Then at 6 am, a little, tiny ray of light made it's way into Hunterman's "Dark Room" and it shook him from his sleep and put his lungs in high gear. (Thank God it is daylight savings time this weekend!! I may lose an hour of sleep initially but I will earn it back by Hunterman sleeping later!) Unfortunately, I cannot make good use of the early start because Hunterman insists on a nap 3 hours after waking -- so I have 20 minutes to wrap up the post!
Last night/predawn morning, as I comforted CJ and held him in my arms, I had a flashback of the 3 darkest minutes of my entire life. Two highway patrolmen arrived at my office one morning 3 years ago to deliver the news of my first husband's fatal car crash. When they stated that the time of death was 7:20 am, my heart shattered. That was the time CJ's Dad would have been taking him to day care. I immediately asked the officer's "What about my Baby?" "Where is my Baby?" The officers looked at each other and one of them responded, "Ma'am, we cannot confirm nor deny that your child was in the automobile at this time. We are still waiting for that information." I remember screaming and being overcome with sobs. I remember the officers insisted I sit down to catch my breath. And as insensitive as this may sound in regards to CJ's Dad's death, I remember the complete relief that washed over me when my boss came in the room and told me that CJ was safely at day care at the time of the accident. Of course after that news soaked in, I began to grieve for CJ's Dad. Holding and rocking CJ gently, I couldn't help but thank God for sparing him that tragic morning.
I know, that's a bit depressing. But it shouldn't be. It should be a reason to celebrate and frolic on this beautiful spring day. When the little ones get a bit difficult to deal with today, instead of pulling your hair out and counting, just give them a hug. And I will try to shake the cobwebs from my brain and do the same. Happy Weekend, everyone!


Dana
posted at 7:54 AM
3 comments



3 Comments:
At Sat Apr 01, 03:34:00 PM, Blogger FarmWife said...

What a head full of curls! I can see why every one wants to keep them. Make them a deal, they do the combing, and the curls can stay.

Your story made my heart stand still. I'm so glad that CJ wasn't in the car. I cannot imagine the horror at not knowing if he was safe. I promise to take time to love on my babies today! Thank you for reminding me of what's most important.

 
At Sat Apr 01, 03:37:00 PM, Blogger FarmWife said...

What a head full of curls! I can see why every one wants to keep them. Make them a deal, they do the combing, and the curls can stay.

Your story made my heart stand still. I'm so glad that CJ wasn't in the car. I cannot imagine the horror at not knowing if he was safe. I promise to take time to love on my babies today! Thank you for reminding me of what's most important.

 
At Mon Apr 03, 12:36:00 PM, Blogger W2W said...

Wow.

That was an amazing, yet sad post. But it does open your eyes about living life to the fullest. Thanks so much for sharing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home