About Me
Dana Glover
North Carolina

A 30-something married full-time mother of 2, part-time stepmom of 3; trying to find treasures I've lost along the way.

My complete profile

Links
a girl and a boy
Confessions of a City Gal
Debaucherous and Dishevelled
all & sundry
Not So Simple
Private Thoughts of Boogie's Mom
Broken Biscuits
Notes from the Trenches
Motherhood is Not for Wimps
being emily
Princesses, Dogs, and Chaos
The Food Whore

Photos
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dwglover6. Make your own badge here.

Previous Posts
The Good Life
Spring is Here
Outdoorsy Favorite Spot
Memories
Crossroads
Genetic Soup
Wow!
Who needs to pack?
Afterthoughts (or the pictures Blogger wouldn't po...
Hodge Podge

Archives
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
January 2008

Credits
Blog Design By:


Powered By:

Tuesday, March 14, 2006
Maternal Pondering


For the first time in a long while, the boys (and Jax) were up before the sun this morning. Unfortunately, they haven't been very chipper either. I have stopped 4 almost-fights, sent CJ to his room twice, put Hunterman in time-out twice, rocked and sung to each of them twice, handed out all breakfast items left in the house and have put Hunterman down for his first nap. It is amazing how they can just throw routines/rituals/rules right out the window whenever they desire. So, it got me to thinking about other maternal brain teasers:


1. If M&M's don't melt in your hand, then how on Earth can they melt on a child's face??
2. How can children remember where they saw a piece of candy in the van 3 months ago but can't remember where they took their shoes off 10 minutes ago?
3. How can a toddler eat twice his weight in food everyday for a month and not gain an ounce, but if I eat more than 2 slices of bread and drink more than 1 glass of water in one day, then I gain 10 pounds that week?
4. Isn't it amazing how a child can be screaming and crying as if the world were ending one second and then break out into the most heartwearming smile that glistens with tears the next?
5. How can a 4 year old put together a 100-piece puzzle all by himself in a half-hour but cannot find his 3 foot Megazord toy lying two feet away from him without your help? (Nevermind, he's male. Silly question!)
6. Why is it that an 18-month old insists on a nap just 3 hours after waking up that morning, but refuses to nap during the next 9 hours before bedtime?
7. Why is it that my children will only eat cereal, salad, asparagus, sandwiches, pot roast, chicken and casseroles off my plate and not their own?
8. Do siblings have some unspoken contract that demands they "team up" against Mommy no matter how mad they are at each other?
9. Why is a toy from the Dollar Tree so much more "awesome" than an expensive one from Toys'r'Us? (Awesome from the child's point of view -- I know why it's awesome from Mommy's point of view!)
10. How do they know at such young ages that a big hug and sweet kiss before bedtime sets Mommy's world back right, no matter what happened that day?

If you know any of the answers, I'd be very grateful. I fear I'm at quite the disadvantage with these boys some days because 1) I'm female and 2) I am an only-child.

By the way -- I'm not the one that gave Hunterman a bag of M&M's to do with as he pleased (that would be Daddy) -- but I am the one that had to clean up Hunterman's (and Daddy's) mess.


Dana
posted at 8:53 AM
4 comments



4 Comments:
At Tue Mar 14, 12:52:00 PM, Blogger W2W said...

I could not help but to get a chuckle from this post. I love the picture!!! He is tooooo cute.

I hope you have a better day.

 
At Wed Mar 15, 03:07:00 PM, Blogger FarmWife said...

How funny!!! I love the picture. I was laughing before I started reading, and laughed all the way through! Good Questions! I have a daughter, and I'm still at a loss.
How can they be holy terrors at home and good as gold when left with a babysitter or teacher?

 
At Thu Mar 16, 12:43:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How did I spend the first 29 years of my life not knowing the cuteness of a baby smeared in random foodstuffs?

Awesome picture!

 
At Thu Mar 16, 12:52:00 PM, Blogger emily said...

Can I sue M&Ms? Because I've got an alarming number of tiny chocolate finger prints in my house that are direct evidence that M&Ms DO melt in your hand. In your tiny tiny boy hands.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home