About Me
Dana Glover
North Carolina

A 30-something married full-time mother of 2, part-time stepmom of 3; trying to find treasures I've lost along the way.

My complete profile

Links
a girl and a boy
Confessions of a City Gal
Debaucherous and Dishevelled
all & sundry
Not So Simple
Private Thoughts of Boogie's Mom
Broken Biscuits
Notes from the Trenches
Motherhood is Not for Wimps
being emily
Princesses, Dogs, and Chaos
The Food Whore

Photos
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dwglover6. Make your own badge here.

Previous Posts
Take 2: A Shot in the Dark

Archives
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
January 2008

Credits
Blog Design By:


Powered By:

Tuesday, January 10, 2006
Love Lost


i thank You God for most this amazing
day:for the leaping greenly spirits of trees
and a blue true dream of sky;and for everything
which is natural which is infinite which is yes

(i who hve died am alive again today,
and this is the sun's birthday;this is the birth
day of life and of love and wings:and of the day
great happening illimitably earth)

how should tasting touching hearing seeing
breathing any ---- lifted from the no
of all nothing ---- human merely being
doubt unimaginable You?

(now the ears of my ears awake and
now the eyes of my eyes are opened)
e. e. cummings

It truly feels as if today is the day I have come alive again. Don't get me wrong. I love being the wife of a wonderfully affectionate and kind man and the mother of two energetic bright beings. I love the mundane life that comes with being "settled" -- of having a routine, planning birthday parties, even trying to live on a budget. But my "inner" self --- the creative, passionate, assertive soul --- is what has been dead. I have missed and even grieved the soul of who I once was. And it is no one's fault other than my own that it was buried alive. But since I take responsibility for it's demise, I also claim credit for its' rebirth. Now I must insure that the "ears of my ears" stay awake and that the "eyes of my eyes" remain open.



Dana
posted at 12:28 PM
0 comments



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home